Central Michigan humbles Northern Illinois 74-64Sunday, Feb 26, 2012
Trey Zeigler and Austin McBroom added 14 points apiece and Andre Coimbra 10 for the Chippewas (9-19, 4-10 Mid-American), who ended a two-game slide.
Abdel Nader scored 24 points to pace the Huskies (3-24, 2-12), who dropped their fifth in a row and fell to 0-13 on the road. Nader also had team highs with eight rebounds, three assists, three steals and three 3-pointers. Kevin Gray added 13 points and Aksel Bolin 10.
Central Michigan trailed 14-11 before an 11-0 run provided a 22-14 lead with 9:51 left in the first half. The Huskies got no closer than six after that.
The Chippewas earned a season split, having lost 74-66 on Jan. 14 in DeKalb.
- Central Michigan humbles Northern Illinois 74-64
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown