CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Keegan Bell had 21 points, including five 3-pointers, to pace four double-figure scorers for Chattanooga in an 86-78 win over Samford on Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Jahmal Burroughs added 19 points, Omar Wattad 11 and Ricky Taylor 10 for the Mocs (11-20, 5-13 Southern Conference). Z. Mason grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for Chattanooga, which snapped a four-game losing streak to wrap up the season. The Mocs lost 11 of 13 games to finish the campaign.
The Bulldogs led 38-29 at the break, but the Mocs stormed back in the second half, outscoring them 57-40 to seal the comeback win.
Chattanooga outrebounded Samford 40-35 and tallied eight steals.
Raijon Kelly finished with 21 points to pace the Bulldogs (11-18, 8-10), who lost two straight games to end their campaign and three of four.
- Rick Pitino and Christian Laettner discuss 'the shot'
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims