CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Keegan Bell had 21 points, including five 3-pointers, to pace four double-figure scorers for Chattanooga in an 86-78 win over Samford on Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Jahmal Burroughs added 19 points, Omar Wattad 11 and Ricky Taylor 10 for the Mocs (11-20, 5-13 Southern Conference). Z. Mason grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for Chattanooga, which snapped a four-game losing streak to wrap up the season. The Mocs lost 11 of 13 games to finish the campaign.
The Bulldogs led 38-29 at the break, but the Mocs stormed back in the second half, outscoring them 57-40 to seal the comeback win.
Chattanooga outrebounded Samford 40-35 and tallied eight steals.
Raijon Kelly finished with 21 points to pace the Bulldogs (11-18, 8-10), who lost two straight games to end their campaign and three of four.
- Duke's Kyle Singler is also an impressive trick-shot artist
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner