Louisiana-Monroe catches Louisiana-Lafayette 78-60Sunday, Feb 26, 2012
Hugh Mingo had 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Warhawks (3-26, 2-14 Sun Belt Conference), who made 18 of 25 second-half shots. Steven McClellan, who went scoreless when the Ragin Cajuns (16-14, 10-6) defeated Louisiana-Monroe 67-60 on Jan. 28, added 14 points off the bench.
After trailing 28-23 at halftime, the Warhawks, who had lost 11 straight, took the lead for good, 52-44, with an 8-0 run that featured two 3-pointers by Mingo.
Louisiana-Lafayette, which got 11 points from Darshawn McClellan, Steve’s brother, shot 35.3 percent (12 of 34) in the second half. It will play March 4 in the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt tournament.
Louisiana-Monroe is ineligible for this year’s tournament due to NCAA academic progress sanctions.
- College basketball’s newest celebration fad is the ’3 goggles’
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2