RADFORD, Va. (AP)—Kelvin Martin’s 21 points and clutch last-minute foul shooting by Jeremy Sexton and Arlon Harper helped Charleston Southern outlast Radford 65-59 Saturday in Big South Conference play.
Martin posted 21 points and 13 rebounds for the Buccaneers (18-11, 11-7) in the teams’ regular-season finale. Harper scored 19, including 4 of 5 3-pointers. Sexton added 11 points, making 6 of 6 free throws.
For Radford (6-25, 2-16), Johnathan Edwards recorded 12 points and 10 boards. Javonte Green and Chance Smith added 10 points apiece, with Green taking nine rebounds.
The game, tied 34-all at halftime, was close throughout. With 29 seconds left, two free throws by Blake Smith pulled the Highlanders within 58-57. Four seconds later, Harper hit the second of two free throws.
In the final 10 seconds, Sexton was 4 for 4 from the line to make it 63-59. Harper’s two free throws with 0:06 left clinched it.
- Kentucky has fired John Calipari
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home