Maryland-Eastern Shore edges Morgan State 58-57Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP)—Percy Woods made two free throws with 8 seconds left and Maryland-Eastern Shore edged Morgan State 58-57 Saturday to sweep the season series and snap a three—game losing streak.
Mark Robertson’s 22 points paced the Hawks (7-20, 4-10 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) who hadn’t won since defeating the Bears 68-56 on Feb. 11.
Maryland-Eastern Shore led by seven in the first half and 29-25 at the break. Morgan State pulled ahead 37-36 with 15:31 remaining, but the Hawks regained the lead at 41-39 on Gregory Womack’s 3-pointer with 11:46 left.
There were four more ties before the Bears moved into the lead again on a Justin Black free throw. Woods was promptly fouled, sinking his two shots.
Maryland-Eastern Shore shot only 34.5 percent (20 of 58), but made 10 of 25 3-pointers to the Bears’ 2 of 19.
Ameer Ali’s 10 points and 10 rebounds led Morgan State (7-19, 4-10).
- Maryland-Eastern Shore edges Morgan State 58-57
- No. 7 Louisville rebounds with 88-68 win over Syracuse
- Nick Ward-led Michigan State beats No. 16 Wisconsin 84-74
- Oakland clinches Horizon crown in win over Milwaukee
- Mika leads BYU to upset of No. 1 Gonzaga 79-71
- No. 11 Kentucky rallies past No. 13 Florida 76-66