Young helps Creighton edge Indiana State 61-60Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
Doug McDermott’s 22 points led the Bluejays (25-5, 14-4 Missouri Valley), who won their fourth in a row and locked up the second seed and a bye in the conference tournament. Gregory Echenique added nine rebounds.
McDermott now has 692 points, placing third among sophomore scorers in conference history behind Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird.
Myles Walker led the Sycamores (17-13, 8-10) with 15 points. Carl Richard had 14 and Jake Odum 10. Indiana State will be the eighth seed and face Southern Illinois.
Trailing 58-54, Creighton got a 3-pointer by Jahenns Manigat with 2:42 left before Young pushed the Bluejays ahead. Young added two free throws, offsetting Odum’s layup with 16 seconds left.
Creighton shot 39 percent but had only five turnovers.
- Young helps Creighton edge Indiana State 61-60
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook