Weathers leads Troy past Florida Atlantic 83-82Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
The Owls led by as many as 19 points in the second half and Troy finished the game with a 16-2 run. Weathers converted a three-point play to cut the deficit to 82-80 with 42 seconds left, then hit three free throws with 14 seconds remaining for the winning points.
Weathers made all four of his 3-point shots as the Trojans (10-17, 5-11 Sun Belt Conference) were 8 of 14 from beyond the arc. Troy shot 54.4 percent (31 of 57) from the field.
Alan Jones added 18 for Troy.
Florida Atlantic (11-18, 7-9) made 53.6 percent (30 of 56) of its field goal attempts, including 11 of 22 from 3-point range.
Greg Gantt scored 28 points and Pablo Bertone added 20 for the Owls.
- Weathers leads Troy past Florida Atlantic 83-82
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims