Czyz’s putback with 55.3 seconds remaining in the third overtime and Deonte Burton’s free throws with 21.4 seconds left helped Nevada (23-5, 11-1 Western Athletic) clinch a share of the conference regular-season title.
Kevin Foster scored a career-high 20 points for Fresno State (13-17, 3-9), and Jonathan Wills added 19 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs inbounded the ball with 1.5 seconds left but couldn’t get off a shot before the final buzzer ended the 55-minute contest.
The game featured 19 ties and 32 lead changes.
- Nevada outlasts Fresno State in 3 OTs 79-76
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2