After Providence blew an 11-point second-half lead, the score was tied at 71 when Vincent Council dribbled at the top of the key. With 5 seconds left, he penetrated and found Henton, who buried an 18-foot jumper to put Providence ahead.
After a timeout, DePaul’s Brandon Young threw a full court pass to Cleveland Melvin, but his shot was blocked by Henton.
Bryce Cotton added 19 points and Council had 14 for the Friars (13-16, 3-13), who snapped a 22-game Big East road losing streak.
Morgan Moses led DePaul (11-17, 2-14) with 13 points and Young scored 11.
- Houston Baptist 66, Utah Valley St. 72
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home