Norfolk State defeats Bethune-Cookman 75-72Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
O’Quinn broke a 61-61 tie, the 12th of the game, on a jumper with 3:59 remaining to give the Spartans the lead for good. Norfolk State made 10 of 12 free throw attempts the rest of the way. O’Quinn was 7 of 8 from the free-throw line and Williams made all six of his attempts for the game.
Neither team led by more than seven points and there were 18 lead changes.
Marcos Tamares added 16 points for the Spartans (19-8, 10-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won three of their past four.
Kevin Dukes scored 16 points, Anthony Breeze added 12 Javoris Bryant 11, and Garrius Holloman had 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Wildcats (13-15, 9-4), who had a three-game regular-season winning streak against the Spartans snapped.
- Wild brawl ends Georgetown’s exhibition game in China early
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality