FARGO, N.D. (AP)—Alex Young scored 21 points and Christian Siakam contributed a double-double, 10 points and 11 rebounds, as IUPUI asserted control early and held on against North Dakota State 74-68 on Thursday night.
IUPUI (14-16, 7-10 Summit League) never trailed and led by as many as 12 in a dominant performance that saw the Jaguars shoot 3-pointers at a 45.5 percent clip and convert 86.4 percent from the free throw line.
North Dakota State (17-11, 9-8) clawed to within 61-58 with 2:22 remaining on a 3-pointer by Mike Felt, but the Bison were forced to foul and IUPUI made 8 of 10 free throws down the stretch to seal the win.
Stephen Thomas scored 14 points and Ian Chiles added 12 for the Jaguars.
Marshall Bjorklund led with 17 points and Lawrence Alexander contributed 16 for the Bison.
- Florida Gulf Coast rallies past Kennesaw St. 68-59
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee