SC Upstate defeats Florida Gulf Coast 87-74Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Torrey Craig scored 30 points and Ty Greene 22 as they rained 3-pointers on Florida Gulf Coast in South Carolina Upstate’s 87-74 victory Thursday night in an Atlantic Sun Conference game.
Craig hit eight 3-pointers in 14 attempts from beyond the arc, while Green was 5 for 6 from long range. The Spartans (19-11, 12-5) finished 15 for 29 on treys. That marksmanship helped them take a 46-24 halftime lead over the Eagles (13-15, 8-9), who suffered their fourth consecutive defeat. SC Upstate was 12 for 20 from the arc in the first half.
Craig, who made six of his 3-pointers in the first half, hit treys on four consecutive possessions. Greene, meanwhile, made all four of his 3-point attempts in the first half.
The Spartans led the entire game and by as many as 28 points.
Sherwood Brown led Florida Gulf Coast with 24 points. Bernard Thompson added 20.
- Are Arizona State’s new-look logo and jerseys an improvement?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims