With the win, the Penguins (15-13, 10-7 Horizon League) have notched double-digit victories for the first time since joining the conference. They also beat the Raiders for the first time since 2007, snapping a nine-game losing streak.
Youngstown State trialed 29-27 at the half, but opened the second half by scoring 17 of the first 20 points. The Penguins took a 45-32 lead at the 14:50 mark and led the rest of the way.
Twice in the final 7 minutes the Raiders managed to trim the deficit to four points, but Youngstown State answered with 6-0 and 7-1 runs, respectively.
Blake Allen added 17 points for the Penguins.
Vance Hall was the lone player in double-figure scoring for Wright State (13-16, 7-9), getting 13 points.
- Baylor's Tweety Carter wins a bet with an ODU band member
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout