Lewis scored 10 of his points in the second half, including a pair of free throws that gave the Red Foxes (12-17, 6-11 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) the lead for good, 54-52 with 1:52 remaining. Lewis then assisted on Jay Bowie’s 3-pointer for a 57-52 advantage.
OD Anosike scored 11 of his 15 points in the second half to pace the Saints (12-16, 7-10), who had won 10 in a row over Marist. Anosike also grabbed 13 rebounds to give him his NCAA-leading 21st double-double this season.
Isaiah Morton added 15 points and six assists for Marist.
Evan Hymes scored 14 for Siena, which could have assured itself of a first-round bye in the conference tournament with wins over Marist and over Canisius on Sunday.
- Lewis leads Marist to 61-52 win over Siena
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0