Harris’ double-double leads Gonzaga over BYU 74-63By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS, Associated Press Friday, Feb 24, 2012
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP)—Elias Harris scored 19 points and grabbed 16 rebounds as Gonzaga beat BYU 74-63 on Thursday night in a battle for second place in the West Coast Conference.
Brandon Davies scored 23 points for BYU (23-7, 11-4), which had won five straight games but was doomed by woeful shooting.
Gonzaga (22-5, 12-3) kept alive its faint hopes of winning a 12th consecutive league regular-season title. Its 11 straight titles are second in Division I history only to the 13 won by UCLA.
Gonzaga trails Saint Mary’s by one game in the standings. Each team has one league game left.
Gonzaga shot just 39 percent in the victory, but BYU was even worse, connecting on just 30 percent of its shots.
- Uh oh: Rick Pitino's contract contains a morality clause
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue