South Alabama edges Florida Atlantic 79-76 in OTFriday, Feb 24, 2012
The Jaguars (16-10, 8-7), down by five points at halftime, outscored FAU 37-32 in the second half to force overtime. Greg Gantt, who led Florida Atlantic (11-17, 7-8) with 21 points, hit two tying foul shots with 19 seconds left in regulation.
In OT, South Alabama led by as many as six points, 75-69, after a 3-pointer by Ammons. The Owls closed within 77-76 with 12 seconds left on two free throws by Shavar Richardson (20 points, including four treys). But Ammons hit two foul shots, and a missed 3-point prayer by Florida Atlantic ended it.
Ammons just missed a double-double with nine rebounds. Teammate Augustine Rubit had 18 points and 12 rebounds for his 10th double-double of the season, tying him for the conference lead.
- Lindsay lifts Richmond over Charlotte 53-52
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan