Stevens lifts Florida A&M over SC State 83-82Monday, Feb 20, 2012
Stevens, who led the Rattlers (8-19, 6-7 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) with 18 points and 13 rebounds, made his winning shot after rebounding Avery Moore’s missed 3-point try with 5 seconds left.
The Bulldogs (5-22, 0-13) had taken an 82-81 lead with 51 seconds left on a free throw by Khalif Toombs. They had chances to increase the lead, but Stevens blocked Shaquil Barber’s layup attempt with 17 seconds left. Devin Joint got the rebound for the Bulldogs but missed a free throw.
Moore scored 15 points, Nathaniel Drayton 13 and Reggie Lewis 12 for the Rattlers, who shot 60 percent (18 of 30) in the second half to South Carolina State’s 32.5 percent (13 of 40).
Brandon Riley paced the Bulldogs with 24 points, and Omar Sanders had 14 points and 10 rebounds.
- Stevens lifts Florida A&M over SC State 83-82
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession was such a disaster, and his name is Nigel Williams-Goss
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment