Mississippi Valley State tops Texas Southern 56-53Monday, Feb 20, 2012
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Paul Crosby knocked down a 3-pointer with 6 seconds left to keep Mississippi Valley State unbeaten in Southwestern Athletic Conference play with a 56-53 win over Texas Southern Monday night.
This was the second straight contest in which Crosby hit a game-winning 3-pointer with 6 seconds left, also lifting MVSU over Prairie View A&M on Saturday.
Tonight’s shot snapped a scoreless streak of 3:20 for the Delta Devils (16-11, 15-0), who saw their five-point lead evaporate in the waning minutes. Omar Strong was fouled on a 3-point attempt for the Tigers (10-16, 9-5), and sank all three foul shots to knot it at 53 with 1:20 left.
MVSU got the ball with 26 seconds left and called a timeout to set up the last shot.
Crosby, who pulled down the defensive rebound to set the stage for the final attempt, finished what he started by draining the game-winner—again.
- Video of marriage proposal gone wrong at UCLA basketball game
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- Clark, Davis help UMass knock VCU out of first, 69-63
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77