BALTIMORE (AP)—Robert Olson scored 17 points, including five 3-pointers in six attempts, to lead Loyola (Md.) to a 69-56 victory over Boston University on Sunday.
The victory gave Loyola (20-7) its highest victory total in 31 seasons in Division I and ended a two-game losing streak.
A 3-pointer by Olson broke a 34-34 tie with 16:05 remaining and started the Greyhounds on a 16-3 run for a 50-37 lead.
After the Terriers (14-15) got back within 54-50 in the Bracket Busters game, two 3-pointers by Olson, sandwiched around an Erik Etherly dunk, stretched the lead to 62-50 with 4:32 left.
Loyola, which led 29-28 at halftime, shot 71.4 percent (15 of 21) in the second half to 40.6 (13 of 32) for the Terriers.
Dylon Cormier had 14 points for Loyola, Justin Drummond added 12 and Etherly scored 11.
Darryl Partin scored 17 points and D.J. Irving 16 for Boston University.
- Justice, sort of: Houston's Coleman gets one-game suspension
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout