Cal State Bakersfield rolls past San Diego 72-63Sunday, Feb 19, 2012
Donald Johnson and Issiah Grayson added 14 points apiece for the Roadrunners (14-14); Johnson had nine rebounds, and Grayson dished out eight assists. Bakersfield shot 54 percent from the field.
Ken Rancifer led the Toreros (11-16) with 13 points, and Simi Fajemisin and Darian Norris scored 10 each. Leading scorer Johnny Dee was held to five points on 2-of-8 shooting.
Fajemisin hit a free throw for the first score of the game, but that was San Diego’s only lead. The Roadrunners steadily increased their lead in the first half and were ahead 35-24 at halftime. Bakersfield led by as many as 17 in the second half.
With the victory, the Roadrunners evened their all-time record against San Diego at 4-4.
- In unique style, Nerlens Noel makes Kentucky’s 2012 recruiting class — and future — flat-out scary
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul