Old Dominion (18-11) found its groove in the final minutes before halftime, erasing a five-point deficit and capturing a 27-25 lead on a jumper by Bazemore with 1:29 left in the first half to lead 30-27 at the break. The Big Blue surrendered their advantage twice in the first four minutes of the second half before leading permanently for the remainder by as many as nine.
Kyle Weems led with 15 points and Anthony Downing added 13 for Missouri State (16-13), which dominated scoring in the paint, outscoring Old Dominion 34-12.
Trian Iliadis added 14 points for the Big Blue.
The matchup was part of the BracketBusters event.
- Old Dominion upends Missouri State 73-67
- GW names Joseph interim coach, replacing fired Lonergan
- Indiana uncertain how long Hartman will be out after surgery
- Northwestern to play 2017-18 home games in Rosemont
- Pac-12 Commissioner Scott has no issue with pregame protests
- Minnesota's Reggie Lynch has minor surgery on left knee