Bethune-Cookman rallies past SC State 70-59Saturday, Feb 18, 2012
The Wildcats (13-14, 9-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) trailed 37-34 with 16:08 left to play, and scored five straight. Kevin Dukes’ 3-pointer with 14:10 remaining gave Bethune-Cookman its first lead, 39-37.
The Wildcats wouldn’t trail the rest of the way.
After shooting 41.4 percent in the first half (12 of 29), the Bulldogs (5-21, 0-12) struggled in the second, making just 8 of 24 form the field (33.3 percent).
Bethune-Cookman finished shooting 45.5 percent from the field (25 of 55), and scored 38 points in the paint.
Kevin Dukes added 13 points and Garrius Holloman and Javoris Bryant chipped in 10 each for the Wildcats, who won their third straight.
South Carolina State was led by Brandon Riley with 18 points, and Omar Sanders with 17 points and 15 rebounds.
- Irresponsible report suggests Kentucky paid 200K for Anthony Davis
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington