Illinois-Chicago turns back Eastern Illinois 67-63Saturday, Feb 18, 2012
Daniel Barnes and Hayden Humes added 14 points apiece and Paris Carter 10 for the Flames (8-18), who broke a three-game slide and won their first road game after 13 losses.
Jeremy Granger scored 18 points for the Panthers (12-15), whose loss in the BracketBusters contest ended a three-game winning streak. Joey Miller and L.C. Doss added 10 points apiece.
The Flames built a 64-53 advantage with 3:45 left, but Eastern Illinois roared back with a 10-0 run capped by Doss’ 3-pointer to cut it to 64-63 with 40 seconds left.
But Illinois-Chicago worked it down to 4 seconds, when Barnes sank a 3-pointer to clinch it.
The Flames shot 52 percent (25 of 48), including 56 percent in the first half.
- Illinois-Chicago turns back Eastern Illinois 67-63
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown