Young’s shot helps Creighton beat Long Beach 81-79Sunday, Feb 19, 2012
Doug McDermott had 36 points and 11 rebounds and Young 16 points for the Bluejays (23-5), whose lead at the end of the BracketBuster game was its first since 14 minutes remained in the first half.
Casper Ware scored 21 points and T.J. Robinson 20 for the 49ers (19-7), whose 12-game winning streak was snapped. Robinson lost the ball out of bounds with 28 seconds remaining, giving Creighton possession for the last shot.
Young tried penetrating the right side of the lane but encountered two Long Beach defenders. He stopped about 7 feet from the basket, fell back and hit the floor as the ball went through the net.
Spectators rushed the court, forcing officials to clear it after determining that time still remained. The 49ers’ inbounds pass was deflected, and the buzzer sounded.
Larry Anderson had 15 points and Edis Dervisevic 10 for Long Beach.
- Young's shot helps Creighton beat Long Beach 81-79
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four