Tennessee Tech outlasts Coastal Carolina 77-71Saturday, Feb 18, 2012
DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP)—Jud Dillard recorded 22 points and seven rebounds while Kevin Murphy added 21 points and nine boards in Tennessee Tech’s 77-71 win over Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
Murphy and Dillard make up the No. 3 scoring duo in NCAA Division I, combining to average 38.4 points per contest.
Coastal Carolina (18-9) opened the game on a 10-3 run and pushed that lead to 23-8 behind a Chris Gradnigo dunk with 7:24 left in the first half. However, Tennessee Tech closed the half on an 18-3 run to tie the game 26-26 at intermission.
Tennessee Tech (18-11) controlled the second half. The Golden Eagles hit 15 of 25 shots, including seven treys, made 14 of 20 free throws and outscored Coastal Carolina 51-45 during the period.
The win moves Tennessee Tech to 3-4 all-time in Bracket Buster play.
Jon Pack led five Coastal Carolina players in double figures with 15.
- Tennessee Tech outlasts Coastal Carolina 77-71
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four