Texas A&M-Corpus Christi wins 49-47Saturday, Feb 18, 2012
Terence Jones led the Islanders (5-21) with nine points, making two free throws with 2 seconds left to make it 49-44. Ali, whose go-ahead shot came with just over 7 minutes to play, scored eight points. Johnathan Jordan also made a pair of free throws in the final seconds for Corpus Christi.
Trey Zeigler led Central Michigan (8-18) with 22 points. Derek Jackson scored 15 for the Chippewas in a game that was part of the BracketBusters series.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi wins 49-47
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel