Neighbour, Arkansas-Little Rock stop FIU 78-64Thursday, Feb 16, 2012
Courtney Jackson added 13 points, D’Andre Williams 11 and Michael Javes 10 for the Trojans (13-14, 10-3), who extended their lead in the Sun Belt West Division to 1 1/2 games over Louisiana-Lafayette. Williams also had team highs of eight rebounds and five assists.
Phil Taylor made four 3-pointers and scored 17 points for the Golden Panthers (7-18, 4-9), who dropped their third straight. DeJuan Wright scored 13 points and Cameron Bell 11.
Bell also sank four free throws before missing his last attempt, setting the school record with 24 in a row.
UALR shot 52 percent (25 of 48) to just 31 percent (18 of 59) for FIU.
Tied 37-37 with 15:02 left, UALR reeled off a 21-3 run capped by Jackson’s basket that made it 58-40 with 8:38 to go.
- Neighbour, Arkansas-Little Rock stop FIU 78-64
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment