South Dakota State beats North Dakota State 80-57Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012
Wolters added five assists and three steals, and Jordan Dykstra chipped in 15 points for the Jackrabbits (21-7, 13-3 Summit). SDSU lost its chance at the Summit League regular-season title when Oral Roberts beat IPFW earlier Wednesday.
Lawrence Alexander led the Bison (16-10, 9-7) with 20 points, including four 3-pointers.
SDSU won its previous meeting with NDSU this season in overtime, but this one was never in doubt. The Jackrabbits led 43-24 at halftime and by as many as 32 in the second half.
The Bison entered the game with the fourth-highest field goal percentage, 49.8 percent, in Division I. But it was South Dakota State that caught fire from the field, hitting 56 percent of its shots to North Dakota State’s 41 percent.
- South Dakota State beats North Dakota State 80-57
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0