Longwood defeats Washington Adventist 90-88Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012
The starters played all but 20 minutes, and each scored in double figures, with just seven players dressing due to injuries and a suspension.
Martiz Washington added 23 points, on 8-of-11 shooting and 7 of 8 from the free-throw line, Tristan Carey had 17 points, Jan van der Kooji 12 and Anthony Taylor 10 for the Lancers (9-16).
Longwood shot 60 percent from the field (36 of 60), and led by as many as 16 with 7:01 to play.
The Lancers outrebounded Washington Adventist 41-34, but turned it over 22 times, leading to 24 points. Longwood improved to 4-0 against the Division II Sparks.
Washington Adventist was led by Jamie Newton with 39 points and Marcus Coleman with 23.
- Longwood defeats Washington Adventist 90-88
- No. 8 North Carolina keeps rolling, tops Pitt 85-67
- Knee contusion sidelines Kentucky's Fox against Florida
- Duke's Grayson Allen out for Miami game with ankle issue
- No. 18 Virginia snaps 4-game skid, beats NC State 70-55
- Milton scores 20 to help No. 15 SMU beat UConn