Ohio defeats Bowling Green 72-59, posts 20th winWednesday, Feb 15, 2012
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—D.J. Cooper scored a season-high 22 points and Ohio defeated Bowling Green 72-59 Wednesday night to snap a two-game skid, split the season series and win its 20th game of the season.
The Bobcats (20-6, 8-4 Mid-American Conference), who won their seventh straight home game, broke the school record for fastest team to 20 wins on the calendar, surpassing the 1994-95 squad (Feb. 22).
Trailing 55-52 with 6:11 to go, Ohio held the Falcons to two free throws and a field goal.
Cooper scored 13 points in the final 5:32, starting with a 3-pointer and a jumper to push the Bobcats ahead for good and snap Bowling Green’s four-game winning streak.
Jon Smith added nine points and nine rebounds, seven on the offensive glass, as Ohio outrebounded Bowling Green 43-26.
Scott Thomas scored 17 points to lead the Falcons (13-12, 7-5), who won 67-57 on Jan. 7.
- Today in duh: Latavious Williams left Memphis for money
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes