Holy Cross, which won its third straight and fourth in the past five games, jumped out to a 12-2 lead and never trailed. Lafayette cut the deficit to 30-27 at halftime and did not trail by more than nine points in the second half. The Leopards pulled to within 67-63 with 45 seconds to go, but Burrell hit three free throws down the stretch to seal the win.
The Crusaders (12-13, 6-5 Patriot League), made 14 of 23 field goal attempts in the second half and shot 46.9 percent (23-49) for the game. Holy Cross also outrebounded Lafayette 46-26.
Ryan Willen scored 15 points and Rob Delaney added 11 for the Leopards (11-15, 6-5), who saw their three-game winning streak in the series come to an end.
- Holy Cross defeats Lafayette 70-63
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions