The Flyers (16-9, 6-5), who trailed 33-30 at intermission, outscored Charlotte 45-32 in the second half to end the 49ers’ brief two-game winning streak. Chris Braswell had a superb game for Charlotte (12-12, 4-7), scoring 27 points—16 in the first half.
Braswell hit 8 of 13 field goal attempts, including one 3-pointer, and went 10 of 12 at the foul line. But the only other 49ers player in double figures was Jamar Briscoe with 11 points.
Johnson, who grabbed nine rebounds and just missed a double-double, got help from Devin Oliver and Kevin Dillard with 14 and 13 points, respectively.
Dayton had a huge advantage on 3-pointers, hitting 11 of 27 treys. Charlotte was just 2 of 14 from the arc.
- College basketball’s newest celebration fad is the ’3 goggles’
- How De'Aaron Fox upstaged Lonzo Ball and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin