IRVINE, Calif. (AP)—Orlando Johnson scored 25 points and added 10 rebounds and Kyle Boswell had career-highs with 19 points and five 3-point baskets as UC Santa Barbara crushed UC Irvine on Wednesday night 85-62.
The Gauchos (14-8 overall, 9-3 in the Big West), who have won five or their last six games, remain in a second-place tie in the conference with Cal State-Fullerton, a winner at UC Riverside.
UC Santa Barbara led the Anteaters (9-17, 5-8) by as many as 31 points four times in the second half.
Daman Starring and Will Davis II each scored 12 points for UC Irvine and Adam Folker had 10.
- Johnson scores 25 as UC Santa Barbara rolls 85-62
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four