Tony Wroblicky added 13 points and 12 rebounds for his second career double-double as the Eagles (17-9, 8-3 Patriot League) grabbed sole possession of second place in the conference.
Thurgood Wynn scored 10 points for Navy (3-22, 0-11), which suffered its 18th straight defeat and has lost eight of its last nine against American.
The Midshipmen, who haven’t won a road conference game since an 81-78 double-overtime victory at Colgate on Jan. 29, 2011, scored fewer than 50 points for the fifth time this season.
American raced out to a 36-12 halftime lead, it’s largest since a 44-19 halftime lead at home in its 82-54 victory over Colgate on Jan. 7.
- American University cruises past Navy 69-47
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home
- Iowa forward Dale Jones gets 6th year of eligibility