Utah Valley beats Montana Tech 70-60; 11th in rowMonday, Feb 13, 2012
Aird, the Great West Conference player of the week, scored a career-high 25 points and had 10 rebounds for the Wolverines (18-10). Holton Hunsaker sank five 3-pointers and scored 17 points. Keith Thompson and Isiah Williams added 13 apiece.
Daniel Simon’s 13 points paced the Orediggers, an NAIA team that played the game as an exhibition.
Montana Tech trailed only 57-50 after Brian Cummings made two free throws with 10:01 left.
But the Wolverines sealed the victory with an 11-0 spurt keyed by six points from Thompson for a 68-50 edge with 4:10 remaining.
Utah Valley committed only four turnovers while forcing 11 but was outrebounded 37-30 in its final nonconference game of the season.
- Uni-fail: Nike misspells Kentucky on John Wall’s jersey
- Canisius hires Reggie Witherspoon as basketball coach
- Clemson signs another transfer, ex-Valparaiso F David Skara
- Lee will transfer from Kentucky, Briscoe returning to school
- Purdue's Swanigan will return to school for sophomore season
- White takes name out of NBA draft pool to return to Huskers