South Carolina-Upstate defeats North Florida 77-52Monday, Feb 13, 2012
The Spartans (17-10, 10-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) shot 50 percent (27 of 54), outscoring North Florida 28-18 in the paint.
SC-Upstate held the Ospreys to just 38 percent shooting from the field (19 of 50), and caused 14 turnovers, leading to 22 points.
Ty Greene and Torrey Craig added 15 points apiece and Babatunde Olumuyiwa chipped in 10 for the Spartans, who won their third straight.
Craig’s layup capped an 11-4 run that gave SC-Upstate a 23-11 lead with 10:04 left in the first half. The Spartans went on to lead the Ospreys 40-29 at halftime. SC-Upstate was 6 of 8 from 3-point range in the first half.
North Florida (13-15, 7-8) was led by Parker Smith with 13 points and Jerron Granberry with 11.
- South Carolina-Upstate defeats North Florida 77-52
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60