McNeese State defeats Northwestern State 70-61Monday, Feb 13, 2012
The Cowboys (13-10, 9-2 Southland Conference) outrebounded Northwestern State 51-33 and scored 17 second-chance points. Turner led the way on the glass with 12 rebounds, scoring 10 points.
Dontae Cannon added 17 points for McNeese State, which outscored the Demons 46-20 in the paint and 12-0 on the fast break. The Cowboys came in winners of five straight, their last loss coming to Northwestern State, 64-61 on Jan. 21.
Tied 6-6, McNeese scored 11 straight to go up 17-6 on Cannon’s jumper with 12:01 left in first half. Northwestern State wouldn’t get any closer than four the rest of the way, and McNeese State increased its lead to as many as 22.
Shamir Davis led the Demons (14-12, 7-5) with 13 points.
- Wake fires one coach without postseason success, set to hire another
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals