Savannah State beats NC A&T 66-59 for 8th in rowMonday, Feb 13, 2012
The Tigers (16-10, 9-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) led 40-30 with 15:39 remaining, but the Aggies (11-16, 6-6) cut the lead to 58-56 with 3:37 left on a layup by R.J. Buck.
Hassan rebounded an Arnold Louis miss for Savannah State, and his layup made it 60-56.
Two Nic Simpson free throws brought the Aggies within two again, but Cedric Smith rebounded a Deric Rudolph miss for the Tigers, got fouled and hit both free throws for a 62-58 lead at the 1:39 mark. Blackman’s four free throws in the final minute secured the win.
Smith had nine points and 10 rebounds for Savannah State, which outrebounded North Carolina A&T 46-27. Blackman had six assists.
Hill and Jeremy Underwood scored 11 each for the Aggies.
- Savannah State beats NC A&T 66-59 for 8th in row
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- Williams-Goss leads No. 8 Gonzaga over Washington 98-71
- No. 15 West Virginia stomps Western Carolina 90-37
- No. 17 Wisconsin routs Idaho State for 4th straight win