North Dakota State beats South Dakota 82-71Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
VERMILLION, S.D. (AP)—Eric Carlson scored 19 points off the bench, Lawrence Alexander and Taylor Braun added 13 apiece, and North Dakota State caught fire after halftime to beat South Dakota 82-71 on Saturday night.
Carlson was 8 of 10 from the field for the Bison (16-9, 9-6 Summit), who snapped a two-game losing streak. TrayVonn Wright added 10 points.
Louie Krogman led the Coyotes (9-15, 4-11) with 24 points, and leading scorer Charlie Westbrook had 22 but was just 6 of 19 from the field.
South Dakota led 39-35 at halftime, but North Dakota State went on a 21-5 run over the first 7 1/2 minutes of the second half to take a 56-44 lead.
The Coyotes cut it to 69-65 on a Krogman layup with 2:59 left, but free throws in the closing minutes sealed the win for NDSU, which shot 68 percent from the field in the second half.
- North Dakota State beats South Dakota 82-71
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges