South Carolina-Upstate beats Jacksonville 70-66Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
Ty Greene added 11 points for the Spartans (16-10, 9-4 Atlantic Sun Conference), who earned a berth in the A-Sun tournament with the win. They have won two straight games and six of seven since losing at Jacksonville on Jan. 16.
In a game that was close throughout, the Dolphins held a 55-52 advantage with 5 1/2 minutes remaining. But Craig sank two free throws that sparked an 8-2 run over a two-minute span, and the Spartans led the rest of the way.
Jacksonville pulled within 66-64 with 29 seconds left, but Greene and Mario Blessing combined to go 4 of 4 from the stripe down the stretch to seal it for the Spartans.
Aloys Cabell had 23 points to pace the Dolphins (5-20, 3-11).
- South Carolina-Upstate beats Jacksonville 70-66
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina