CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Trevis Simpson scored 28 points and Derrell Armstrong’s layup with 16 seconds left gave UNC Greensboro a come-from-behind 77-76 win over Chattanooga on Saturday night, sweeping the season series for the first time since 2006-07.
The Mocs made two field goal attempts in the final 5 seconds, with David Williams blocking Keegan Bell’s 3-pointer with 2 seconds left.
The Spartans (11-15, 9-5 Southern Conference), who also defeated Chattanooga 81-72 on Jan. 19, have won nine of their last 10 on the heels of an 11-game skid.
UNC Greensboro trailed by 11, 22-11, before rallying to lead 38-37 at halftime. The Spartans led by nine in the second half, but the Mocs regained the lead with 5:03 left and held it until Armstrong’s game-winner.
Simpson surpassed 20 points for the sixth straight game.
Drazen Zlovaric’s 22 points led the Mocs (10-17, 4-10), while Jahmal Burroughs had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
- Bucknell 66, American 60
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury