JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Michael Alvarado scored 17 points to lead Manhattan to an 85-63 rout of Saint Peter’s on Saturday in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference action.
Alvarado shot 6 for 11 from the floor. George Beamon scored 16 points for Manhattan (18-9, 11-4), hitting both 3-point attempts and 10 of 13 from the foul line.
Emmy Andujar added 10 points, as did Donovan Kates off the bench. They helped Manhattan break a two-game losing streak after the Jaspers had run off an eight-game MAAC winning streak.
Saint Peter’s (5-21, 4-11) led just once, 24-23, with 6:44 left in the first half. The lead lasted 32 seconds before Manhattan’s Kidani Brutus stuck a trey.
Lamin Fulton led Saint Peter’s with 15 points, making 5 of the Peacock’s 7 3-pointers. Markese Tucker added 14 points and Chris Burke chipped in with 13.
Saint Peter’s lost its third straight and seventh of its last eight.
- Missouri’s Kim English has college basketball’s best fan club
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin