Nicholson, St. Bonaventure beat Duquesne 69-48Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
It was the first 20-20 game for St. Bonaventure since Bob Lanier achieved the feat with 34 points and 27 rebounds against Loyola, Md. On Dec. 22, 1967.
Nicholson, who grabbed more than 20 for the first time in his career, joined Lanier, Glen Price and Essie Hollis with 20 or more rebounds in a game for the Bonnies.
St. Bonaventure (13-9, 6-4 Atlantic 10 Conference) outrebounded Duquesne 48-26 overall and 21-6 on the offensive glass, leading to 22 second-chance points.
Chris Johnson scored 15 points and Eric Mosley added 12 for the Bonnies.
St. Bonaventure held Duquesne to 7 of 25 from the field in the second half, outscoring the Dukes 29-18 in the final 20 minutes.
Mike Talley scored 12 points to lead the Dukes (14-10, 5-5).
- Nicholson, St. Bonaventure beat Duquesne 69-48
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster