Monmouth (NJ) defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 82-68Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
Monmouth dominated close to the basket and scored 40 points in the paint to sweep the season series and win its third in a row against the Knights. Monmouth outrebounded the Knights 39-26.
Ed Waite and Mike Myers Keitt each added 12 points for the Hawks (9-18, 7-7 Northeast Conference), who have won five of their past six games.
The Hawks never trailed and used a 17-4 run in the second half to build its largest lead of the game at 68-54 with 8:23 to play. A 3-pointer by Keitt capped the run.
Melquan Bolding scored 24 points, George Goode added 16 and Briahn Smith had 14 for the Knights (2-23, 1-13), who have lost five straight.
The Knights shot 50.9 percent (28 of 55) from the field.
- N.J. Tech 47, Vermont 73
- Talented Kentucky begins another year with high expectations
- LSU moves on from Simmons era seeking balance, chemistry
- Fox likes high expectations for Georgia team led by Frazier
- The Latest: Pastner expects tough 1st season at Georgia Tech
- ACC looks to keep strong 2-year NCAA run going in 2017