Thompson and Lee each went 2 of 2 at the charity stripe on back-to-back Bison (7-18, 4-8 Mid-eastern Athletic Conference) possessions to put them ahead 70-65 with 23 seconds left. But Amin Stevens got a layup and Reggie Lewis hit two foul shots of his own to bring the Rattlers back within one point with 9 seconds remaining.
Lee was then fouled with 6 seconds on the clock and missed the first free throw, but he sank the second for the game’s final margin.
Prince Okoroh also chipped in 10 points for Howard.
Stevens was the only player in double figures for the Rattlers (7-18, 5-6), scoring a game-high 24 points.
- Virginia Tech-North Carolina Preview
- Texas basketball coach Smart gets raise, contract extension
- Alabama signs Southern Illinois grad transfer Olaniyan
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Davis, No. 9 UNC hold off Va Tech, 78-64
- Former Michigan State star Appling arrested in Detroit
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team