Hauns Brereton scored 12 points and Joston Thomas added 11 for the Rainbow Warriors (14-10, 5-3 Western Athletic).
Jerry Brown III led the Bulldogs (11-16, 3-8) with 17 points.
Hawaii used a 10-0 run to take a 45-37 lead with 12:22 remaining. Fresno State pulled to within a basket with about four minutes to play following a pair of Tyler Johnson free throws, but it got no closer.
The Bulldogs did not score in the first 5:22 of the game as Hawaii took a 9-0 lead. The Rainbow Warriors led by 11 points in the first half, but Fresno State tied it at 24-all on a Kevin Foster tip-in with 4:30 remaining in the first half.
Hawaii got the last four points of the half to lead 28-24 at the break.
- K-State’s media guide celebrates the many sides of Frank Martin
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses