Florida Atlantic catches North Texas 86-81 in 2OTSaturday, Feb 11, 2012
The Owls (11-14, 7-5 Sun Belt Conference) also overcame 22 points, 20 rebounds and six blocked shots by Tony Mitchell of the Mean Green (14-11, 7-5). The freshman forward is the seventh player this season to get at least 20 points and 20 rebounds in one game.
Shavor Richardson’s 3-pointer with 57 seconds left in the second overtime gave the Owls an 84-79 lead.
FAU’s first lead of the game came in overtime, at 73-71, but North Texas tied it at 73 with 56 seconds left.
Jacob Holman, who scored a career-high 20 points, helped North Texas build a 48-29 lead with 14:44 remaining in regulation before FAU came back. Taylor’s 3-pointer with 27 seconds left tied the game at 66.
- Florida Atlantic catches North Texas 86-81 in 2OT
- No. 24 Butler defense shuts down DePaul in 82-66 win
- Foster's 35 points leads No. 20 Creighton in win over Hoyas
- Murphy, Minnesota outlast Michigan, 83-78
- Thompson leads Oregon State past Utah, 68-67
- Bucknell beats Boston U 88-66 behind Foulland's 20 points