Hopkins helps Butler beat Cleveland State 52-49Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
Butler’s Andrew Smith put them ahead by two points, 49-47, when he knocked down a jumper with 2:28 remaining in the game. The Vikings responded and evened the score on Luda Ndaye’s layup with just over two minutes to play.
But Hopkins, who finished with four points and four steals, made the go-ahead basket for Butler (15-12, 9-6 Horizon League). Kameron Woods added a free throw to give the Bulldogs a three-point lead.
Cleveland State’s Anton Grady attempted 3-pointer missed as time expired.
Roosevelt Jones led Butler with 17 points and seven rebounds. Khyle Marshall had 12 points and eight rebounds, and Smith finished with 11 points.
Grady scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Vikings (20-6, 10-4), who have lost three straight games.
- Big Ten preview: Q&A with Illinois freshman Meyers Leonard
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan