Gray knocked down a 3 with 12 seconds left in regulation to put the Big Red (9-12, 4-3 Ivy League) up 71-69, but Austin Morgan’s layup with 4 seconds left for the Bulldogs sent it into overtime.
In the extra frame, though, Gray took over once and for all. With a one-point lead, Gray sank a 3-pointer to put Cornell up 77-73 and, about two minutes later, hit another for an 82-79 advantage. He scored Cornell’s final point on a free throw to seal it.
Chris Wroblewski grabbed a double-double, scoring 18 points and tallying 10 rebounds for Cornell. The Big Red have won two straight games.
Morgan finished with 22 points to lead the Bulldogs (15-6, 5-2).
- Mansell 3-pointer lifts Rider over Niagara 90-87
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69