Jackson Aldridge added 15 and Roosevelt Jones 11 for the Bulldogs.
Butler (14-12, 8-6), who led throughout, took a 35-25 lead into halftime and pushed that lead to 14, 40-26, in the second half. Youngstown State rallied to cut the deficit to six, 51-45, with 6:14 left to play but Hopkins scored eight straight to put the Bulldogs back up by 12 and seal the win.
The Bulldogs shot 44.4 percent (21 of 54) from the field, hitting 5 of 16 3-point attempts in the process.
Kendrick Perry led Youngstown with 23 and Ashen Ward added 10 but the duo went a combined 2 for 10 from 3-point range.
Butler (13-11, 8-6) has won two if it’s last three games.
- The WCC parlays addition of BYU into great new TV contract
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60